· Develop relationships among all citizens from all parts of the city so we can share development ideas among neighborhood groups and support one another.
· Understand projects brought before the city commission and speak to how they will impact our neighborhoods.
· Identify small business opportunities to make each neighborhood more lively and walkable, and help make this happen.
· Advocate for more discerning evaluation and negotiation of development projects, such as using environmentally sustainable building methods, creating full-time, living-wage jobs, showing sensitivity to historic properties and avoiding negative neighborhood impacts.
· Be active in promoting improvements to our Community Redevelopment Area (CRA) planning and implementation.